Monday, April 21, 2014

#BecauseofHim Easter Lesson


I was assigned to give the Easter Lesson this past Sunday.  It was one of those lessons that really didn't fall together until the last minute (sorry!).  But, I wanted to share it with you because it was one of the most spiritual lessons I've taught.  And like one of the other YW leaders said to me afterwards "It wasn't that you taught it, it was such a powerful lesson because of Him."  Which is so true.  It was really the power of the Spirit that taught the lesson.  The message behind the Atonement and what Jesus Christ did for us is so powerful and we needed to be reminded of it often.

So, this is what I did.  I found this "silent lesson" idea on Sugardoodle.net.  But it was on Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on "Stop It" in regards to judging others.  I liked the idea of the silent lesson, but wanted to incorporate the new Because of Him video the church came out with.

What is a "silent lesson"?
It's where everyone is completely quiet.  The teacher holds up signs for the students to read.  You can incorporate an activity, videos, music, etc...

So here is my silent #BecauseofHim Easter Lesson:

I stood at the front of the classroom and held up these signs watching the girl's faces to make sure they were reading....



 

I showed this video: Because of Him

I then silently passed out an Easter egg to each girl.
{of course each girl was quietly peeking inside as I passed them out to see if there was anything in it}


Then, I handed out a piece of small paper and pencils.
Gave the girls about 2 mins to fill them out.  Once I could tell they were all done, I stood up to hold the next sign.

{I demonstrated sticking the paper inside their Easter egg}

I had Bibles ready on the table in case anyone needed one.
Here is that scripture if you want to read it: John 3:16





I then played this video: "Never a Better Hero"

This quote came from the lds website. 

The lesson went by really fast because there was no talking! I'm really glad we sang all 3 verses tho.  Some of the girls were crying through it. :)  The spirit was so strong among these sweet girls.

We actually still had about 10 mins. left.  So I let them bare their testimonies.  A lot of the girls shared.  It was amazing.  I'm so grateful for the power of the Holy Ghost. :)



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great lesson! Glad you enjoyed the video. Here is another great one that you may enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcm5vdiHCHE

    ReplyDelete