Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Curtains from a Fitted Sheet.... Plus Redone Dresser


I made these curtains for my girl's room with a twin sized fitted sheet from Goodwill that was like $1 on Half Off Day!  Score!
I made these almost a year ago, but so many people ask me about my curtains when they come over that I thought I would share. :)

FIRST:
You cut the elastic off the entire edge of the sheet

SECOND:
You cut along the seam of the 4 corners.
So your sheet should look like this now:
{sorry for the poor quality pic}
Then, I cut off the strip on the top and bottom so I can sew a ruffle panel with it at the bottom of the curtain {under the white ruffle panel}

THIRD:
I cut the remaining large sheet in half long ways.  So you should have two long curtain panels now.

FOURTH:
Sewed a ruffle panel with the white strip and curtain strip you cut off earlier.
Hem the sides.

FIFTH:
Hemmed all the sides of the larger two panels. Fold over the top of both panels and sew to make a hole for the curtain rod to go through.

SIXTH:
Sew ruffle panels to the curtain panels. 
TA-DA done!




Plus... I scored this dresser on Craigslist for $50.  It had all original hardware!  Painted it Antique White with my SIL Joanna  {well she did most of it since I was going to pop with Baby #3 at the time}
Loved how it turned out!


Pin It!

1 comment: