Friday, January 18, 2013

"Wheel of Wonder"~ DIY Spin the Wheel Game


The Primary Kids in my ward at the time named this the "Wheel Of Wonder". :)
You spin the wheel to pick what song you will sing next. 
The kids would DIE to spin this thing.  They loved it.  It was definitely an activity I was always saying "Be happy for your friends that got picked to spin the wheel!" :)
This is also soooo easy for switching songs appropriate for either Jr. Primary or Sr. Primary.
The songs on the wheel in the pic above are for: "Follow the Prophet", "Called to Serve", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", "Once there was a Snowman", "Tell me the Stories of Jesus", "Do As I'm Doing", "I Lived in Heaven", and "Book of Mormon Stories".  Can you tell it's for Jr. Primary? :)  But as you can see I have more made for other songs.  So, easy to switch the songs on the wheel!  Also, lets say the kids are really having a hard time learning "I Lived in Heaven".  Then, print out 2 or 3 of that pic and put it on the wheel 2 or 3 times!  That way the probability you will land on that song to practice it are higher!

Materials you will need:
- Sticky Velcro {I use the dot kind}
- Construction Paper
- Glue Sticks or Rubber Cement
- Paper Clip
- Piece of Packing Tape
- Razor Blade
- Images for various songs you want to include on the wheel
-2 Foam Boards 
{They sell them at Dollar Tree, but you can buy larger ones for cheap too at Hobby Lobby}

1. I traced out a circle on the foam board.  Then, used a razor blade to cut it.
2. Cut out different colors of your construction paper.  Assort and glue to the foam board.
3.  Put a Velcro circle towards the top of each color.  Make sure they are all the same type.  Such as all the fuzzy side of the Velcro   Then, on the back of all the pics you make, you will have the scratchy harder side of the Velcro.  That way you don't have to worry about them not sticking together.
4. I used the paper clip to keep the wheel and the back foam board together.  I unbent the paper clip.  Poked a whole through the two foam boards.  Threaded the paperclip through both boards and then bent back the paperclip at each end.  Make sense???  But, before you poke holes and thread it through, do you see the little square of pack tape I put where the hole will be?  That is to keep the paperclip from tearing up the construction paper while it spins. 

 My little helper spinning the wheel.
What did we land on?



You pull it off and sing that song!
My son wants to use this at our next FHE.

P.S. 
You could use this wheel idea with more than just music!  You could make it geared towards reading.  The pics could be character, plot, setting, etc...  Possibilities are endless. :)

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Cute Idea! I bet you could use this idea for a number of things... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete